Sunday, September 26, 2010

Frequent Flyer Club

Flying September 12 to Disney for the week, my training resorted in a solid week of running in hot conditions in the summer Florida heat.

Week of September 11-2010

Monday - 5 miles in 39:02
Tuesday - 5 miles in 33:12
Wednesday - 5 miles in 39:38
Thursday - 7 miles in 48:08
Friday - 4 miles in 26:12
Saturday - 7 miles in 48:12
Sunday - Day Off
Total Weekly Mileage - 33 miles

Yes I ran most at tempo. With no CX racing in 2010 I get what I get when I can get. The legs are coming around, the running form is comfortable.




The next week I flew to Interbike in Las Vegas. I knew I would not be in any form to race CX Vegas. After all I had ridden my bike less than 5 times in 7 or 8 weeks and frankly my coach CPC (Cramer Performance Coaching) can attest I am doing NO interval work.

So the debate was in between Interbike and our customer meetings, walking the show floor I was pretty sure I would not have enough engine to finish CX Vegas let alone start it.

After 3 laps of warm up I hit our team tent area considering not racing after all. I had a call up as I managed a top 10 result last year. After some laughs and understanding it would be what it would be I pedaled out at the start of the race in 3rd gear. I never got myself pegged or pinned but rather on no fitness raced to save gas.

Managed 20th place. The evening was real. Got to chat with some good human souls.

Back at home but on ice. Ker' is due in a few weeks. The frequent flyer card is in the top drawer. The to-do list is shrinking this weekend. I surf 'the net' to check on the USGP and Noreaster run by Adam. Seems like CX is alive again in 2010.

2010 has been an 'off the bike' year for me. My fitness has been strong but frankly no need to race. A new job, a busy family life, and life in general I am happier racing less. After all, it's not about the bike, period.



No comments:

Post a Comment